LIFE groups are our way to make sure you have a group of people to walk through life beside you - to weather the difficult times, celebrate the successes and victories, or otherwise just do LIFE together.
In LIFE groups is where the church works best as 'the church'. All of us face the difficulties, stress, and day to day struggles of just trying to get by. Many times we just need a safe loving group to walk with us through a very difficult season of life. LIFE groups are the perfect place to find support, comfort, love, and even some appropriate wisdom to guide us through those tough times.
Honestly, often our specific needs can get lost in the life of a large church, however in LIFE groups you can find a more intimate community to depend on when we face those difficulties in life.
We offer a variety of groups: small groups meet regularly and fulfill this do LIFE together thing; study groups gather when the entire church is in the same worship-life group series; affinity groups gather to support and encourage each other and consist of people who share something in common (e.g., a hobby, goal or stage in life)
Life Groups are groups of 5-15 people who gather on a regular basis to:
• encourage one another.study scriptures and apply them to daily life.
• challenge each other to grow - spiritually and emotionally - in their walk with Christ.
• connect with the community.
• support each other.
• give hope.
• share experiences and stories.
Benefits of belonging to one of our LIFE groups:
You will better feel like part of God’s family at King’s Cross as you make new friends.
• You build close relationships and friendships.
• God never meant for you to go it alone.
You will understand the Bible better in a small group setting.
• You can ask questions.
• You hear others share insights and experiences.
Prayer will become more meaningful to you.
• Through prayer we are drawn together and we find answers to the needs in our lives.
• You’ll realize the many promises in the Bible related to group prayer.
You will be able to handle stress and pressure better.
• You will have support in times of crisis, change, and stress.
• You’ll experience a sense of stability and security from knowing there are people who really care for you.
You will develop leadership skills you never knew you had! As you share and participate in a relaxed fellowship setting, you’ll discover your confidence and self-esteem rising. This will help you at work, at church, and in every other relationship.
For more information about creating/joining a Life Group, email firstname.lastname@example.org.